If you like the good old traditional carrot cake, you will absolutely LOVE this recipe. It’s your classic carrot cake with a yummy twist.
- Betty Crocker carrot cake mix
- 1 cup crushed walnuts
- 3 tbsp rose water
- 1 1/2 – 2 tsp cardamom
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of water
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup whipped fluffy white frosting
- 5-6 tbs rose water
- Crushed walnuts for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350. Grease your bundt pan with some oil then coat with flour.
- Using a food processor, pulse the walnuts until they’re coarsely chopped. Remove about 2 tbsp to a small bowl (this will be used for topping).
- In a bowl, whisk eggs, water, oil, walnuts, cardamom, and rose water together. Then add the cake mix. TIP: Use a hand mixer instead to make sure all ingredients are mixed together.
- Pour the mix in the bundt pan and bake for 40-43 mins.
- In a separate bowl, mix the white icing, rose water, 1-2 dashes of cinnamon and salt together until the mixture is smooth.
- Once the cake is fully cooked, place on a plate, pour icing over it, and sprinkle the crushed walnuts on top. You can also use whole walnuts for decoration 🙂